Causes of infertility
Causes of infertility can be very many. Below some of the more common ones:
Anoestrus is a condition where some cows do not show heat signs for a long time after calving. In this case, no ovulation takes place. The condition can be caused by an infection or inflammation of the uterus and underfeeding of the cow, especially with minerals.
- Rectal examination by qualified veterinary to determine the cause.
- Proper feeding and mineral supplementation of dairy cows including:
- Adequate quantity and good quality roughage.
- Adlibitum mineral supplementation.
- Treat the underlying cause. See Endometritis below.